I struggled many times to create same softness same taste until yesterday when my family couldn't resist them . And thats the reason i was able to take picture if only two fried prawns in a hurry .
They were soft from inside and crisp from outside and it had almost same taste as we usually enjoy in Chinese food joint .
I am sure with this recipe you won't fail .
. 12 large prawns deveined and raw.
. 2 tbsp soya sauce
. Grinded ginger
. Lemon or vinegar (i used lemon)
. Black pepper freshly grounded
. Salt if needed as soya sauce has salt .
. About 2 cups of bread crumbs
. 1 large egg
. 2 tbsp of white flour or corn flour .
Oil to deep fry .
1. Wash prawns keeping tail intact . I bought deveined large raw prawns.
2. Slit prawn from the center and open wide from both sides . Press it gently with both hands . Refer How to butterfly a prawn.
3. Marinade prawn gently with mentioned ingredients .
4. Keep it for 1 hour shrink wrapped in fridge .
5. When its time to fry , keep white flour, bread crucrumb and an egg in bowl .
6. Take one piece coat with white flour
Then dip in egg
Then coat it with bread crumbs .
7. Fry in high heat for 1 minute on both sides untill it gets golden brown .
Serve with spicy red pepper side dish or garlic mayonise sauce .