2 very Large onions sliced thin and fried in oil untill light brown .
For meat tenderizer
500 gm of goat meat 2 inches pieces
2 Tbsp of papaya paste (meat tenderizer)
For meat marinade
1 tsp of turmeric powder or haldi
1 tsp of salt
1Tbsp of green chilli
2 Tbsp of yogurt
2 tsp of garam masala
3 tsp of biryani masala or mutton masala
2 Tbsp of ginger garlic paste
2 tsp of red chilli powder
1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder
2 tsp of coriander powder
handful of mint leaves cut fine
handful of coriander leaves chopped
Handful of fried onions
Ingredients for cooking rice
For 500 gm of meat take 500gm of long grained basmati rice
Boil 3 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt
Wrap up whole masala ingredients
2-3 tez patta
1 tsp of cumin seeds /jeera
1 Tbsp of coriander seeds
1/2 inch of cinnamon stick
3 small cardomoms
1 big cardomom
5-6 black pepper
Other important ingredients for top most layer in sequence
Handful of fried and crisp onions .
2 Tbsp of ghee or clarified butter .
Handful of mint leaves
Handful of coriander leaves
kesar soaked in warm milk for an hour
1 tsp of garam masala
1 tsp of biryani masala
1.Apply meat tenderizer or papaya paste on meat , 1/2 tsp of salt and keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
2.Marinade goat meat with all above ingredients for 2 hours in a refrigerator.
3.Method to Cook rice
A )Wrap above ingredients in one small cloth tie and leave it into boiled water .
B)Let it boil for 2 minutes then put rice .This allows rice to be cooked in whole masala flavour .
C)Cook rice untill 40 % done .
D) Drain them and keep.
4. Take large cooking pot and make layer of marinated meat .
5. Make another layer of cooked rice .
6. Put all ingredients for top most layer .
7. Close lid tightly with dough from all sides .
8. Put a flat pan on medium low fire and put your biryani pot on it .
9. Let your biryani cook for 50-55 minutes then turn off heat and let it sit for 20 minutes in closed container .
10. Serve with raita and red chilli garlic chutney .
Note : its extreamly important to tenderize meat before cooking then only its going to cook nice ,tender and juicy .